Orion Buyback & Replacement Program
Our electronics manufacturer has identified an issue with the battery system integrated into the v1 Orion’s that poses a potential hazard. Because we refuse to allow products that do not meet our quality standards to remain in use, we have decided to ask all purchasers of the Dynatec Orion to deactivate or return their devices immediately. We will be offering you the option of an exchange for a v2 Orion or a refund. Your safety is our number one priority and we ask for your help in removing these devices from use.
How the process works:
Choose from one of two disposal options
- Return: Let us know below that you plan to return the device to us by requesting a prepaid shipping label.
- Deactivate: If it’s not feasible or convenient to return, you can deactivate your device by destroying the USB charging port and providing verification of deactivation.
Deactivate with paint:
- Drop a few dabs of paint into the USB port. Good paints to use would be nail polish, model paint, spray paint or white out. Please use a visible color other than black to allow for easy verification.
- Hand write your order number and email address on a piece of paper.
- Take a picture showing the destroyed USB port next to your handwritten order number and email address.
- Please wait until you get a confirmation from us before disposing of your destroyed unit. We may need a different angle or better quality picture to assure destruction.
Choose how we can make it up to you:
- We can send you a new v2 Orion
- We can send you a refund for your Orion order total
Please choose which method you would like to proceed with below:
Choose Your Method
- How long do I have to return the device?
- We ask that you help us with this process as quickly as possible
- Is this mandatory?
- Yes, we need your help getting these units out of use.
- Do I have to return it?
- No, you have the option to deactivate the device and dispose of it.
- Who will my refund come from?
- The refund will come as a check from DynaVap. Unfortunately, our credit card processors will not allow us to refund directly to your credit card as it has been longer than 90 days.
- When will I get my refund?
- After your return has been processed, we will mail your check as soon as possible.
- Have any caught fire?
- We have seen instances of the battery overheating and melting the plastic
- When and how will I get my refund?
- Refunds will be mailed by check within a week of form submission.